This wonderful property is situated in the West Dorset countryside in the village of Long Bredy. Located seven miles to the west of the county town of Dorchester and just a few miles from the spectacular Jurassic Coastline, Long Bredy is a small, peaceful village in the beautiful Bride Valley. Kingston Russell House is an imposing manor house situated within the village and in 1769 was the birthplace of Thomas Masterman Hardy who grew up to become Admiral Hardy of Trafalgar fame. The village is now home to approximately 200 residents, the 13th century St Peter’s church, a village hall and a small playing field. It is surrounded by working farms and has been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Regular bus services to Dorchester and Bridport (7.5 miles west) run from Long Bredy Hut.
Little Newbold is a spacious, detached, stone-built family home situated on a large plot of approximately 1/3 of an acre. The property offers four double bedrooms, with master en-suite shower room, and three reception rooms. There is a good-size sitting room with feature fireplace, a large separate dining room and a fabulous sun room extension overlooking the beautiful rear garden. This home also benefits from a kitchen/breakfast room, separate utility room, downstairs cloakroom/wc, family bathroom and study, which enjoys countryside views. The wonderful south-facing rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with mature fruit trees and a variety of borders with a range of mature plants and shrubs. A paved patio area, accessed via French doors off the sun room, offers the perfect space for alfresco dining in the warmer months, with a pergola and mature grapevine providing shade from the sun. There is also a large vegetable plot, two sheds and a greenhouse. The property also benefits from a gated driveway and a large double garage with plenty of space for two cars and further storage.
* Beautiful stone-built detached home situated on a large plot (approximately 1/3 of an acre) in a quiet village location.
* Three reception rooms including a cosy sitting room with feature fireplace, a large separate dining room and a spacious sun room overlooking the rear garden.
* Fitted kitchen/breakfast room with integral oven and electric hob with extractor hood over.
* Separate utility room, cloakroom/wc and ground floor study offering a countryside outlook.
* Four bedrooms with three benefiting from fitted wardrobes.
* Family bathroom and en-suite shower room.
* Large loft space offering scope for conversion subject to planning consent.
* Wonderful south facing level rear garden mainly laid to lawn with patio area, vegetable plot, two sheds and a greenhouse.
* Double garage and gated driveway providing plentiful off-road parking.
* Situated in the picturesque the Bride Valley between the county town of Dorchester and Bridport, approximately six miles from the world-renowned Jurassic Coastline.
Sitting Room: 18'04 x 12'06 (5.6m x 3.8m)
Dining Room: 16'07 x 9'09 (5'1m x 3.0m)
Sun Room: 22'03 x 9'00 (6.8m x 2.7m)
Study: 12'06 x 7'11 (3.8m x 2.4m)
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 20'00 x 10'05 (6.1m x 3.2m)
Utility Room: 8'00 x 7'05 (2.4m x 2.3m)
Bedroom: 12'04 x 10'09 (3.7m x 3.3m)
En-suite Shower Room:
Bedroom: 13'11 x 11'01 (4.3m x 3.4m)
Bedroom: 14'01 x 10'00 (4.3m x 3.1m)
Bedroom: 10'03 x 7'06 (3.1m x 2.3m)
Family Bathroom: 11'01 x 7'05 (3.4m x 2.3m)
Double Garage: 19'04 x 7'05 (5.9m x 5.3m)
Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Oil fired heating. Broadband and satellite are also available.
Dorset Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester,
Dorset, DT1 1UZ Tel: 01305 211970.
We are advised that the council tax band is F.
Strictly by appointment with the sole agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01305 340860