Poundbury is an urban development of the County Town of Dorchester and is Prince Charles's vision of the development of new communities in the 21st century. It is designed to be a sustainable development where it is possible to meet a higher proportion of daily needs on foot, rather than relying upon a car. Within walking distance to the property there are a plethora of amenities including Waitrose, The Duchess of Cornwall Hotel and Restaurant and an ever-growing range of bistros, coffee shops, beauty salons, shops, hairdressers, dentists, medical centre and garden centre. A Monart luxury spa is scheduled to open in the Royal Pavilion, Queen Mother Square and the Dorset County Hospital is also a short walk away.
This attractive and imposing family home enjoys an enviable position on Poundbury with its open view across Poundbury’s celebrated Great Field - a protected open space. The property is immaculately presented throughout with stylish and elegant décor and boasts some carefully considered alterations from the original plans to create a superb open plan space on the ground floor that leads directly to the rear garden. Externally the property offers a landscaped and low maintenance rear garden with a south easterly aspect ensuring sun and warmth throughout the day through to the early evening when the weather allows. There is a large patio area stretching the width of the property which is perfectly positioned to enjoy the sunshine and offers plentiful space for garden seating and dining furniture. The remaining area has been carefully designed and offers a variety of established and attractive plants. There is a further patio area to the rear of the garden providing access to the garage and the rear courtyard.
A particularly special feature of the property is its rainwater harvesting system which is concealed well within the design of the rear garden. The system supports renewable energy principles and offers reduced water costs for the property.
* Open plan kitchen diner with underfloor heating, range of wall and base units and island workstation with granite worksurface over. There are fitted Bosch appliances including a fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
* Utility cupboard with plumbing for a washing machine and housing a Valiant boiler.
* Underfloor heating in the kitchen/diner and hallway operated on 3 separate controls.
* Bespoke window shutters to all rooms.
* Dual aspect to all principle rooms providing the house with plentiful natural light.
* Separate, dual aspect sitting room overlooking The Great Field with feature wood-burning stove.
* Storage solutions within the bedrooms (except bedroom five) via built in wardrobes
* Family bathroom and en-suite facilities to the master bedroom and bedroom 2.
* Single garage door accessing a double size garage area to the rear of the property.
8.18m x 5.89m (max) (26'10" x 19'04" (max))
4.32m x 5.87m (max) (14'02" x 19'03" (max))
5.89m x 3.89m (19'04" x 12'09")
3.53m x 2.84m (11'07" x 9'04")
3.86m x 5.13m (12'08" x 16'10")
2.26m x 1.93m (7'05" x 6'04")
Bedroom Three / Study
3.35m x 2.36m (11'0" x 7'09")
3.89m x 5.89m (12'09" x 19'04")
5.87m x 3.89m (19'03" x 12'09")
3.05m x 2.34m (10'0" x 7'08")
Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating. Broadband and satellite are available also.
Dorset Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1UZ
Tel: 01305 211970
We are advised that the council tax band is G.
Strictly by appointment with the sole agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01305 340860