Pax Cottage is situated in the quiet village of Ryall, which is located in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just two miles inland from the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. This delightful village lies approximately 4.7 miles west of Bridport and 6.1 miles east of Lyme Regis on the eastern side of Hardown Hill, a National Trust site offering stunning views that take in Chesil Beach, Portland, Lyme, the Devon coastline and the hillforts of Lambert Castle, Coney’s Castle and Pilsdon Pen. Although Ryall offers seclusion it is by no means isolated with the neighbouring villages of Chideock (1.8 miles east), Charmouth (3.2 miles west) and Morcombelake (1 mile south) all easily accessible. Nearby Morcomblelake includes a shop/post office and a large farm shop. The market town of Axminster lies eight miles west with a main line rail service to London while the coastal village of Charmouth has a primary school and Blue Flag beaches.
Over 200 years-old, this characterful and beautifully presented three bedroom detached cottage, situated on a plot of approximately 1.246 acres, offers an elevated position overlooking the breathtaking Marshwood Vale. The property, which has been updated throughout by the current owners, includes two reception rooms, kitchen, separate utility and downstairs wet room. Two of the bedrooms also enjoy en-suite facilities. The fabulous grounds include a delightful south-facing garden at the front of the property and elevated equestrian land including a field shelter with open tack room, a further mobile shelter, and turn out areas. The elevated land has its own gated access where there is scope to add garaging subject to planning consent. There is also a driveway offering off-road parking for 2-3 vehicles at the rear of the property along with a single garage and two small further outbuildings for storage. EPC rating F.
* A charming detached character cottage boasting a wealth of character features including exposed brickwork, cottage doors, oak flooring and inglenook fireplace.
* South-facing garden and elevated grounds (approximately 1.246 acres in total) offering a stunning outlook towards the rolling countryside of the beautiful Marshwood Vale.
* Equestrian facilities including a field shelter with two stalls and open tack room, a further mobile shelter, and turn out areas which are fully drained and stoned with rubber on top. The field shelter has power and light while the mobile shelter is on galvanised skids.
* Tastefully fitted Neptune kitchen with Granite worktops, Rangemaster oven, Neff integrated dishwasher and Bosch integrated fridge freezer. A couple of steps lead up to the utility room which has space for a fridge freezer, tumble dryer and washing machine.
* Two reception rooms and three first floor bedrooms, two of which benefit from en-suite facilities. There is also a downstairs wet room with WC and a utility room.
* Single garage and driveway providing off-road parking at the rear of the cottage, and separate gated access to the elevated fields, offering scope for further garaging subject to planning consent. There are also two small outbuildings for storage.
* Situated approximately two miles inland from the world-renowned Jurassic Coastline.
4.52m x 4.09m max (14'10" x 13'05" max)
4.19m x 3.00m max (13'09" x 9'10" max)
5.05m x 3.00m max (16'07" x 9'10" max)
2.59m x 1.93m max (8'06" x 6'04" max)
2.64m x 1.93m max (8'08" x 6'04 max)
3.94m x 4.60m max (12'11" x 15'01" max)
1.91m x 0.99m (6'03 x 3'03)
3.68m x 3.51m max (12'01" x 11'06" max)
2.67m x 2.26m (8'09" x 7'05")
2.16m x 1.65m (7'01" x 5'05")
Mains electricity, water are connected. Septic tank.
Oil fired central heating.
Broadband and Satellite are available also
Dorset Council, South Walks House,
South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1UZ
Tel: 01305 211970
We are advised that the council tax band is D
Strictly by appointment with the sole agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers
Tel: 01308 420111