Old Pound Cottage is located in the heart of Stratton, a popular village approximately 4 miles north west of the historic County Town of Dorchester. The village benefits from a local pub, The Saxon Arms, a village hall and large village green. There is a strong sense of community in this village with a number of active clubs and societies. The village itself is close to open countryside and offers numerous walks. In nearby Dorchester, amenities are plentiful including Brewery Square incorporating many famous businesses and eateries, a mainline rail link to London Waterloo, a cinema, arts centre, the County Hospital and the widely recognised development of Poundbury, most notably Queen Mother Square and the Buttercross market.
* Plentiful, spacious and light accommodation.
* Dual aspect sitting room with central brick fireplace housing a gas log burner style fire. There are patio doors overlooking the rear garden that provide plentiful natural light.
* Separate dining room offering versatility to the ground floor accommodation. There are patio doors overlooking and leading to the rear garden.
* The kitchen offers a range of wall and base units with worksurface over. There is an integrated oven and five ring gas hob with extractor over. The dual aspect ensures the room is light and bright.
* There is a separate utility with worksurface space and a door leading to the rear garden – a perfect space to decant and store outdoor footwear and clothing.
* Ensuite facilities and a separate wet room situated on the first floor.
* A pretty and good size rear garden enjoying a southerly aspect. The space is mainly laid to grass with a number of mature trees and shrubs. There is a large patio area directly to the rear of the property.
* To the front of the property, set behind gates is a detached single garage with power and light, a good size driveway with parking for multiple cars and a pretty garden space.
5.31m x 3.78m (17'05 x 12'05)
3.45m x 3.07m (11'04 x 10'01)
3.84m x 2.72m (12'07 x 8'11)
1.35m x 2.72m (4'05 x 8'11)
3.43m x 2.84m (11'03" x 9'04")
2.67m x 3.18m (8'09" x 10'05")
2.44m x 3.78m (8'0" x 12'05")
2.31m x 2.64m (7'07" x 8'08")
1.78m x 2.46m (5'10" x 8'01")
Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating. Broadband and satellite are available also.
Dorset Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1UZ
Tel: 01305 211970.
We are advised that the council tax band is E.
Strictly by appointment with the agent:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers
Tel: 01305 340860