Competitive & Rewarding
Estate Agency is an extremely competitive field so you will need to be highly motivated in order to succeed.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are also a must, along with the ability to work under the pressure of time constraints and sales targets.
A career in the industry can be very rewarding but it will require hard work and a regular willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
To find out more or to enquire about upcoming job opportunities at Parkers, call 01305 340860 or 01308 420111.
Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com
Typical Work Activities
Property sales are dealt with in different ways in the UK depending on the nation. Property legislation in England and Wales is different to that in Scotland and Northern Ireland. For example, in Scotland, sales are usually handled by solicitors.
The work carried out also varies depending on the specialism of the agency, but there are some common tasks which include:
* Collecting information about a property and arranging for photographs to be taken.
* Visiting and talking to the sellers about their property and its special features.
* Estimating the value of the property.
* Marketing and promoting properties for sale.
* Representing the sellers in negotiation with prospective buyers.
* Monitoring sales as they proceed and liaising with all interested parties including mortgage brokers, solicitors, surveyors and other estate agents.
* Advising clients and helping buyers to decide what they want to buy.
* Making sure that a price is agreed that is acceptable to both buyer and seller.
* Keeping up to date with trends in the local residential property market, as well as the commercial market.