This fantastic property is situated in an outstanding location on the outskirts of Shipton Gorge, five miles east of the vibrant market town of Bridport. Shipton Gorge is a quiet and picturesque village in an area of outstanding natural beauty, set in the heart of the Bride Valley. It has won numerous community awards, including Best Small Village in Dorset. The village has an Orchard and Village Pub which are managed and run by the local community. There are plentiful countryside walks, bridleways, a playing field and a village hall. The Hive beach at Burton Bradstock is nearby, and a school bus is provided to the local school. Rail links to London Waterloo and Bristol are located 13 miles east in Dorchester.
Nutmeg House is a wonderful oval eco home enjoying stunning panoramic views of the historic Jurassic coastline, which is designated a World Heritage Site. Designed by architect Barnaby Gunning in London and built by Parsons Building & Construction in 2012, this contemporary property has been constructed to blend in with its natural countryside surroundings with the use of locally sourced materials and untreated English oak. The spectacular views stretch across to Lyme Bay and the extensive gardens and grounds amount to 4.25 acres. This unique home also enjoys an east-west axis and includes many environmentally friendly features to ensure low running costs and low maintenance. These include Rationel Aura Plus triple glazed windows and solar panel powered electricity and hot water. The accommodation includes five bedrooms, two with en-suite facilities, a large open-plan kitchen/dining/family room, a further reception room, family bathroom, playroom, office and laundry room. There is also a spacious entrance hall, boot room and cloakroom. The extensive grounds are very secluded with no immediate neighbours. There is also plentiful off-road parking and a matching oval shaped oak clad workshop. EPC rating A.
• Unique five bedroom oval eco home on a large plot of 4.25 acres
• Spectacular countryside and sea views over the Bride Valley and Jurassic Coast towards Lyme Bay
• Designed by architect Barnaby Gunning to blend in with its natural surroundings with the use of locally sourced materials and untreated English oak
• Rationel Aura Plus triple glazed windows, 16 PV panels for electricity on a feed-in tariff and solar hot water
• Large open-plan kitchen/dining family room and further reception room
• Underfloor gas fired central heating with a heat recovery system
• Two en-suite bathrooms, family bathroom, playroom, office, laundry room and cloakroom
• Extensive off-road parking and detached oval shaped oak clad workshop
• Secluded gardens, fields and woodland with no immediate neighbours
• Excellent holiday letting and AirBNB potential
• Just 4.4 miles from the vibrant market town of Bridport and two miles from Hive Beach in Burton Bradstock
Kitchen/Dining/Family Room: 45’04 x 29’01 (13.82m x 8.88m)
Sitting Room: 17’05 x 11’10 (5.32m x 3.61m)
Office: 10’04 x 4.05 (3.16m x 1.34m)
Master Bedroom: 12’10 x 12’10 (3.92m x 3.91m)
Bedroom Two: 12’0 x 11'07 (3.66m x 3.52m)
Bedroom Three: 14’01 x 13’10 (4.29m x 4.21m)
Bedroom Four: 13’10 x 13’0 (4.21m x 3.95m)
Bedroom Five: 13’01 x 10’04 (4.00m x 3.14m)
Mains gas, electricity and water are connected. Septic tank drainage. Heat recovery system and solar panel heating. Satellite and broadband are also available.
West Dorset District Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1UZ Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is H
Strictly by appointment with the agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel 01308 420111