St Andrews Road is conveniently located on the outskirts of the charming market town of Bridport, within close proximity to primary and comprehensive schools, and a good variety of amenities. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Bridport is renowned for its friendly and vibrant culture, and fantastic reputation for quality local food and art. Within the town's boundary also lies West Bay, an idyllic fishing village situated on the famous Jurassic Coastline. Local facilities include comprehensive shopping facilities, arts centre, theatre, leisure centre, library, cinema and museum. There are also regular bus services to Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beaminster, Yeovil, Dorchester, Weymouth and Poole. Direct train services to London Waterloo and Bristol Temple Meads run from the County Town of Dorchester, located 15 miles east.
Dating from the early 1930s, this stunning and beautifully presented detached family home is conveniently situated just a short walking distance from Bridport town centre. Extended and renovated to a very high standard by the current owners, the property includes six bedrooms with a wonderful open-plan sitting/kitchen/breakfast area, adjoining utility room and two study rooms. Spread over three floors and offering spacious and flexible living accommodation, this wonderful home also benefits from a spacious hallway, two shower rooms, a modern family bathroom and two reception rooms. The large garden to the rear is fully enclosed with natural hedging and is well-presented with a variety of mature trees and shrubs commanding stunning views towards the surrounding countryside. There is a delightful paved sun terrace, perfect for al-fresco dining during the warmer months, with steps leading down to a lawned area offering privacy and seclusion, together with a trellis archway leading through to a further fence enclosed lawned garden. A private entrance also leads to a large tarmac driveway allowing parking for several vehicles. EPC rating D.
* A superb detached contemporary family home offering a wealth of living accommodation.
* Located in a quiet no-through road just a short distance from the town centre.
* Six double bedrooms and one single bedroom, with the top bedroom enjoying sea views.
* Renovated and extended to an exceptionally high standard throughout.
* Wonderful open-plan living area incorporating a sitting room, dining and kitchen area to the ground floor with a further reception room to the second floor.
* Two versatile study rooms and a dressing room.
* Well-fitted kitchen with large patio doors leading out to a sun terrace, and archway leading through to a separate utility room.
* Shower room to the ground floor, with a modern family bathroom and further shower room to the first floor.
* Benefiting from far reaching views over the town and surrounding countryside.
* Large landscaped rear garden, beautifully maintained, with a delightful paved sun terrace perfect for al-fresco dining during the warmer months.
* Private driveway offering plentiful parking.
*Internal viewing is a must.
Sitting Room: 15'11 into bay x 13'0 (4.785m into bay x 3.96m)
Dining/Family Room: 34'0 x 17'01 max (10.36m x 5.21m max)
Kitchen: 16'11 x 6'0 (5.16m x 1.83m)
Utility Room: 15'05 x 9'11 (4.70m x 3.02m)
Study: 9'11 x 9'03 (3.02m x 2.82m)
Shower Room: 6'03 x 5'06 (1.91m x 1.68m)
Master Bedroom: 28'08 x 9'11 (8.74m x 3.02m)
Dressing Room: 9'11 x 6'09 (3.02m x 2.06m)
Bedroom Two: 14'10 x 14'01 (4.52m x 4.29m)
Bedroom Three: 14'0 x 11'05 (4.27m x 3.48m)
Bedroom Four: 14'08 x 12'07 (4.47m x 3.84m)
Bedroom Five: 10'09 x 9'01 (3.28m x 2.77m)
Bedroom Six: 24'04 x 9'11 (7.42m x 3.02m)
Lounge: 21'08 x 9'08 (6/60m x 2.95m)
Offering stunning views towards the surrounding countryside, the large and beautifully presented garden to the rear is fully enclosed with timber fencing and natural hedging, and hosts a variety of mature trees and shrubs . There is a delightful paved sun terrace, perfect for al-fresco dining during the warmer months, with steps leading down to a lawned area offering privacy and seclusion, together with a trellis archway leading through to a further fence enclosed lawned garden.
There is a driveway with off-road parking for several vehicles.
Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating. Broadband and satellite are also available.
West Dorset District Council. South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset. DT1 1UZ. Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is E.
Strictly by appointment with the agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01308 420111